Thursday, March 15, 2012

James Alcorn Elementary School Grades 3 - 5


This is a song (parody of Cee Lo Green - 'I'm a Fool') depicting the story of the Little Red Riding Hood, Grandma and the Wolf.
Using a Karaoke version of the song, the 3rd - 5th graders and I had a fun time recording our own lyrics on top (and they killed it!) I'm quite proud.

As most of the songs that I'm involved with, this one was recorded straight to cassette four-track, mixed down via Audacity onto a Macbook.

A music video is in the works and will eventually be featured on Youtube.com.
Lyrics:

Little Red: (verse 1)

What a bad, that big, that furry

That cunning, up-to-no-good, 

hungry, mean wolf. 


I had a fear, he popped out,

then he followed me, 

all through the woods.

Can't nobody tell me nothing, it is what it is.

He tried to talk, but I don't talk to strangers. 

Where'd he go, where'd he go?

Must've took a short cut, 

straight to grandma's house.


And the next thing, I walk in 

and he's wearing my Grandma's blouse.


Detective: (Chorus) 

I need more clues,

and interviews,

so let's move.


Woodsman: (Verse 2)

That scream, so loud, it seemed

to come from inside

Grandma's house.


Didn't think, just ran, 

In the door and saw,

That wolf, 

wearing Grandma's blouse.


Grandma:

I heard a knock, the wolf came in

Then we played hide-and seek.


I hid in the closet, so long

it seemed like a week.


I have never been so worried,

never been so worried,

All these people were inside my house.


Detective: (Chorus) 

I need more clues,

and interviews,

so let's move.


Wolf: (Verse 3)

There's nothing, there's nothing that oooh,

that I would do

to hurt Grandma and

you believe me, oooh

don't you?


No comments:

Post a Comment